 |
| At the top of the bridge with Brittany and her dad |
Tuesday was an extremely eventful an exciting day, highlighted by the Bridge Climb of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Brittany, her dad and I took the adventurous climb up to the top of the bridge. Unfortunately they make you empty your pockets of everything, so I wasn't able to take any pictures up at the top but we did buy a few which I'll share. For time saving purposed we did the express climb which is about an hour shorter than the normal climb. We walked up a total of 1,390 stairs to the top of the bridge which is 134 meters or 440 feet above the ground. We were in a group of 12 climbers and had a very funny and helpful tour guide that led us to the top. It was pretty windy at times, but it was an amazing view from the top and something I won't forget. The walk down is a bit more scary at times as some of the stairs had open greats where you could see right through to the water below you. It definitely is something everyone should do when they visit Sydney.
 |
| Some of the few fish we actually saw at the fish market |
After the Bridge Climb, I went with Brittany and her family down to the fish markets. Fish is not my favorite but I was pretty unimpressed with the fish market. I had heard about the fish market and was expecting to see all the fish shops with fresh fish, but it was really only a few places and was pretty boring. Perhaps we got there too late as things were beginning to close, but the most exciting part was seeing the two pelicans you see below.
 |
| Pelicans at the fish market |
Our day concluded with a walk back through Darling Harbour which once again was bustling with people and then a cab ride to a restaurant in Bondi Beach. Bondi is Sydney's most famous beach and I can see why. It is a huge beach with spectacular rolling waves but I forgot to take pictures. The restaurant we ate at was Bondi Icebergs (a bit too classy of a place for me, I got a dirty look for just ordering a glass of plain water) but the view was spectacular as it overlooked the the water and the beach. Overall, it was a very exciting and yet another enjoyable day in Sydney.
 |
| View from Darling Harbour |
-Andrew
Aussie Words
Hundreds and Thousands - Sprinkles
No comments:
Post a Comment